Re: [Hampshire] Choosing VPN routers

Author: Alan Bell
To: rogermunford, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Choosing VPN routers
well one way or another there will be at least one externally
addressable open port, whether that is forwarded to another device or
directly serviced by the router doesn't make much difference. If you are
providing a VPN for people to use from home then a PPTP or openVPN thing
will be fine because they can get out directly on the right port. If you
have users who need to access the VPN from more challenging locations
then take a look at adito which is a fork of ssl-explorer which was GPL
then got relicensed and unfreed by Baracuda. This allows you to use a
browser and a java applet to get at stuff through proxies and somewhat
locked down PCs

http://adito.wiki.sourceforge.net/what_is_adito