Re: [Hampshire] [Fwd: [Peterboro] Free .PDF of Linux Format …

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Fwd: [Peterboro] Free .PDF of Linux Format magazine] (fwd)
2009/3/4 Alan Pope <alan@???>

> 2009/3/4 Victor Churchill <victorchurchill@???>:
> > In case it matters to anybody: it is a torrent download, not a directly
> > save-able pdf link.
> >

> http://popey.com/~alan/linuxformat/linux_format_116.zip
>
> Help yourself. It's 125MB.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Public-spirited of you Popey. Not an issue for me nowadays but there
was a time when I thought BitTorrent was the Spawn of the Devil -
mostly on those occasions when my son came back from Uni and his PC
upstairs was soaking up all "my" upstream bandwidth while downloading
gigs of anime and manga. Tying to remotely edit files when the latency
is ~3 seconds ... stressful. But we wander OT.

Nice of LF to have done this. I used to subscribe to it pre-broadband;
but I suspect, like many ex-readers, I tend to get my reading and
reference direct from the web now. But there is still something nice
about paper...