Re: [Hampshire] System restore

Top Page
Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] System restore

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57e46100.hantslug.org.uk.13461': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Mar 8 12:26:52 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Sunday 08 Mar 2009, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I have an installed system that I wish to duplicate and install on
> a dozen other machines. What Linux tools are there for this.
> The system to be copied is a Suse 9 and Suse 10 install using ext3
> partitions.
>
> I would like to do the install from either CD/DVD or Backup tape.
> Is there a tool that would create a CD boot install disk being a copy
> from an existing system?

Would Mondo Rescue allow you to clone boxes easily? The other idea that leaps
to mind is g4l. I've not used either so I can't comment on how easy they are
to use.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

"There seems to be something wrong with our ships today"
    -- Rear-admiral Sir David Beatty, on seeing the Queen Mary
        and the Indefatigable destroyed at the Battle of Jutland