Re: [Hampshire] Installation Packages

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: rogermunford, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Installation Packages
> I have got practically all my Linux experience from Ubuntu/Debian. A
> few months ago I looked at OpenErp and simply installed it on Ubuntu in
> a few minutes with Synaptic so my memories of installation were "dead
> easy". I tried to install it on OpenSuse 11.0, (my first encounter) and
> thought that I would just have to work out how to use Yast.
> Unfortunately half a dozen python packages were not available from the
> repositories. I found a couple on the "rpm.pbone.net" rpm search site
> but there are still some outstanding.
> Should I be looking at alien or installing from source. I would like to
> do as good a job as possible so that it can be maintained properly in
> the future.
> Can anybody advise?

I don't use suse but apparently there are community repositories that can
be added which may well provide the packages that are not in the standard
list.

If you open up yast and go to add repository you can then search for
community repositories to be added, hopefully some of those will help.

There is also a list of repositories on the open suse website:

http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories

Maybe some of those will help too?