Re: [Hampshire] S Levels - was Re: [Fwd: [Peterboro] Free .P…

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] S Levels - was Re: [Fwd: [Peterboro] Free .PDF ofLinux Format magazine] (fwd)
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 16:50:50 +0000 (+0000), Simon Capstick wrote:
> I did a maths and a physics S-level. I actually enjoyed them at the
> time - you actually had to use your brain a bit more. Unfortunately my
> year was touted as being the last (1994) they produced them.

There were also STEP exams which were much the same. I needed either
either an S or STEP to get into uni (fortunately got three ;-)) I
remember the first one I tried was "arrgh, dunno how to do this"
(since you had to think rather than rinse, repeat), but then you
became used to it and learnt how to apply your learning to answer the
question. Also took mine in 1994.

Adrian
--
Email: adrian@??? -*- GPG key available on public key servers