Re: [Hampshire] Set bond mode, when bonding is compiled in t…

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Set bond mode, when bonding is compiled in to thekernel?
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 12 at 02:25, David Ramsden wrote:
> Normally, you'd modprobe bonding and set the bonding options. e.g. in
> modules.conf:
>
> alias bond0 bonding
> options bonding mode=6 miimon=100
>
> But since I've got no module support and bonding is compiled in to the
> kernel, how can I specify the bonding options such as the bond mode?
> This is running on Ubuntu Hardy LTS which doesn't seem to support the
> "bond-mode" stanza in interfaces(5).

I've not used this specific module/kernel/distro but the usual mechanism
is to pass the parameters in the kernel boot string/command. The syntax
to add the following to the kernel boot info.

    bonding.bonding bonding.mode=6 bonding.miimon=100

Exactly how to do this depends on which bootstrap you're using and what
tools you use to configure it.
--
        Bob Dunlop