Re: [Hampshire] RSS reader app - what a good idea!

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] RSS reader app - what a good idea!

On Thu, March 12, 2009 13:41, Stephen Rowles wrote:
> However I have just discovered and installed Liferea which is brilliant
> and I wish I had known about it before!
>
> I've put the RSS feeds of the various website I look at (which fortunately
> have RSS feeds) I now have a little blob (I think it is supposed to be a
> globe) that sits down by the clock on my KDE bar and checks all the feeds
> once an hour, and the icon changes colour if there are new unread feeds.

KDE has a news ticker applet which sits in the toolbar. This gives
you a scrolling list of the contents of your RSS feeds. I have it
scrolling across the top of my desktop, and I just click on anything
that looks interesting as it scrolls across.

It doesn't specifically note new entries, but also doesn't require
me to actually do anything to see them (i.e., click on an icon
only to find out that there's nothing interesting amongst the new
stuff).

--
Be seeing you,            http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                      xmpp:sam@???