[Hampshire] Hardware - laptop fails to start

Author: steve
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Hardware - laptop fails to start
Hi,

My laptop appears to have a hardware problem. It seems to power on ok, the hard drive light comes on and the cd drive is checked. However the BIOS screen never appears and it never boots. The screen just remains blank. The cd drive is still 'alive' and can still be ejected, and the drive is checked when the drive is closed.

The laptop is an HP Pavilion dv4000. Anyone have any bright ideas? I'm debating opening the case and seeing if anything is loose, or seeing if I can hook it up to an external monitor in case it's the screen that's died.

Cheers,
Steve

----
Hosted by the SDF Public Access Unix System - Est. 1987
-= http://sdf.lonestar.org =-