Re: [Hampshire] [HARDWARE] begging for old RAM (Offer made a…

Top Page
Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [HARDWARE] begging for old RAM (Offer made and accepted)

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56f1a100.hantslug.org.uk.25536': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Mar 15 22:31:07 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Sunday 15 Mar 2009, Dr A. J. Trickett wrote:
> Hi.
>
> A friend has a Novatech PC running Windows XP. It has only 256MB of RAM
> which is shared between the main RAM and the graphics sub-system. It's a
> wee bit sluggish and while I'd love to swap Windows to Linux on his machine
> I think that would be a too much of a culture shock for him - he is over 80
> and it's taken him a while to learn Windows. Even it it was running Linux
> I'd still want it to have more RAM.
>
> Now I can buy 400MHz PC3200 DDR RAM from Novatech et al., but as everyone
> knows old RAM such as 256 or 512 MB sticks of this vintage are
> disproportionately expensive. Has anyone got a 256 or 512 stick lying
> around that they would like to see go to a good home?

I've accepted an offer for RAM, so I don't need anymore offers of RAM!

I'm really honoured to know so many people who respond so quickly to a request
for help.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The animals are not as stupid as one thinks - they have neither
doctors nor lawyers.
    -- L Doquier