Re: [Hampshire] [OT] IT Contracting accounting?

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] IT Contracting accounting?
Stuart Matheson wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I'm looking to do some IT contract work in the short term and have been
> looking at either finding someone who will do all the
> accounting/National Insurace/Tax/etc for me (and for a small commission
> too, I presume) or setting up my own limited liability company and doing
> it all myself.
>
> Has anyone from HantsLUG had experience in doing this kind of thing
> before and is able to offer any advice?
>
> I've also been involved in software development and wouldn't mind
> getting into quality assurance or system administration. Any advice on
> transitioning to either of those?
>
> Thanks in advance for any tips :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stuart

Stuart,
Unless you think you will contract for several years, I'd suggest using
an umbrella company. This one was recommended by a contractor I worked
with. The fees are very reasonable and you only pay when you are
actually working.

http://www.paystream.co.uk/home/default.aspx

If you want to discuss contracting please feel free to call me.

Regards, John.
Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk