[Hampshire] [OT] IT Contracting accounting?

Author: Stuart Matheson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] IT Contracting accounting?
Hey All,

I'm looking to do some IT contract work in the short term and have been
looking at either finding someone who will do all the accounting/National
Insurace/Tax/etc for me (and for a small commission too, I presume) or
setting up my own limited liability company and doing it all myself.

Has anyone from HantsLUG had experience in doing this kind of thing before
and is able to offer any advice?

I've also been involved in software development and wouldn't mind getting
into quality assurance or system administration. Any advice on transitioning
to either of those?

Thanks in advance for any tips :)

Cheers,

Stuart