[Hampshire] WANTED: Motherboard I/O Shield plate

Author: Paul Stimpson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List, General Linux/Unix community List
Subject: [Hampshire] WANTED: Motherboard I/O Shield plate
Hi,

Sorry for spamming the list but I have been involved in a saga with Asus
that has gone on for over a year and I'm pulling my hair out.

I was the lucky recipient of a used Asus P4T motherboard (an absolute
racehorse server board in its day) I needed to re-case the board but
unfortunately I don't have the little tin I/O shield plate that goes in
the hole in the back of the case and has the holes on it the connectors
go through. It's a slightly unusual connector layout that wasn't used
that much so none of the plates I have fits. I tried to get one on eBay
and twice tried to order one at an extortionate price from Asus. However
the Asus customer support experience was (looks for a tactful phrase)
"somewhat lacking" and two mailed-in orders and a number of calls to
their helpline (not to mention emails) has failed to produce the item. I
also found their attitude towards me "deficient".

I'd really like to deploy this box and I hope someone has the right
little piece of tin in their bits box I might be able to buy from them.

A picture of the connector layout can be found at
http://www.stimpsonfamily.co.uk/external/motherboard.jpg

Thanks,
Paul.