Re: [Hampshire] WANTED: Motherboard I/O Shield plate

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: [Hampshire] [OT] Cheap Coolermaster Case (was: Re: WANTED: Motherboard I/O Shield plate)
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] WANTED: Motherboard I/O Shield plate
Paul Stimpson wrote:
> I'd really like to deploy this box and I hope someone has the right
> little piece of tin in their bits box I might be able to buy from them.

A friend gave me a nice Asus motherboard which also came without the
backplate.

I grubbed around in all the usual places looking for one, but gave up in
the end and set it up in a machine for my boys anyway. As far as I can
see there are no obvious detrimental effects resulting from running it
this way, i.e. in terms of cooling and/or noise, although my preference
would be to do it properly.

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa