Re: [Hampshire] insmod problem

Author: Mike Burrows
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] insmod problem
> testermike@marvin:/dev$ xawtv
> This is xawtv-3.95.dfsg.1, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.18-4-486)
> can't open /dev/video0: No such file or directory
> v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
> v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such file or directory
> v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such file or directory
> v4l: open /dev/video0: No such file or directory
> no video grabber device available
> testermike@marvin:/dev$
>
> should I move video0 to /dev. tried to copy it and was unable to.
>
> Cheers
> Mike

OK put the TV card back in but the modules for the usb cam are still not
the 2.6.18-4-48 kernel. The configuration shell script is failing
because it can't find the headers or source files. I have installed the
headers but have drawn a blank on the etch source files.

Do I need the source files really ? (it would seem so)

and

What is the correct package please? I couldn't seem to find an
appropriate one on debian.org and the mirrors in my sources list
returned a 404 error.

TIA
Mike