Re: [Hampshire] iplayer and BBC licence fees (again)

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] iplayer and BBC licence fees (again)
On Wednesday 25 March 2009 13:45:52 Stephen Rowles wrote:
> As I posted before, but I will post again just to add some balance. My
> previous experience is that if you open the and read the letters, contact
> the TV licensing people and explain that you either
>
> a) don't have a TV or
> b) have a TV but don't watch live TV (e.g. only watch DVD's or Videos and
> it isn't connected to a TV aerial)
>
> Then they accept it and leave you alone. No more wasted trees on
> threatening letters and no investigation officers coming to your door.

Neither my experience nor my husband's (when we lived separately before we
were married). We got endless threatening letters, to all of which we
replied explaining that we didn't have a TV. Finally I wrote and said that
that was the last time I would reply to one of their nasty letters, the rest
would be binned. I binned everything else they sent me. But no enforcement
officer turned up - at least, not when I was in. Admittedly, this was a
while ago.

Lisi