Re: [Hampshire] Firefox Title Bar Disappears

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Firefox Title Bar Disappears
Greg Auger wrote:
> I encountered this some time ago.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/268253
>
> "(18:50:41) crdlb: fluteflute: that is a compiz problem
> (18:51:28) crdlb: fluteflute: compiz-fusion-plugins-main provides a
> Workarounds plugin
> (18:51:43) crdlb: which you can disable (or just disable 'legacy
> fullscreen support' within it)"
>
> Greg.

Hi Greg,

I looked into this a little further and it appears that in order to
manipulate these settings you need to install a package 'CompizConfig
Settings Manager'.

It is now installed and tweaked accordingly, although just how much
mileage it it will provide is uncertain, since when I checked I had no
eye-candy enabled through the 'Preferences - Appearance - Visual
Effects' dialogue.

Still, nothing else has worked so let's see if this is the one that
nails it!

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa