[Hampshire] Book Reviews from Apress

Top Page
Author: Hants LUG Chairman
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Book Reviews from Apress

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57c19100.hantslug.org.uk.14150': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Mar 29 13:06:35 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hi.

If anyone has any desire to review Apress books, here are a smattering of
their recent and shortly to be published books, let me know if you are
interested and I'll see if they will give you a copy to review.

Dive Into Python 3
        Pilgrim, Mark
Linux System Administration Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
        Kemp, Juliet
Beginning Ruby: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition
        Cooper, Peter
Free Software for Creative People: Building Digital Media with Blender,
    GIMP, Scribus, Audacity, and More
        James, Daniel
The Definitive Guide to Django: Web Development Done Right, Second Edition
        Holovaty, Adrian
Pro Git
        Aljord, Patrick
Beginning Ubuntu Linux, Fourth Edition
        Thomas, Keir
Pro Bash Programming: Scripting the Linux Shell
        Johnson, Chris F.A.
Pro Linux System Administration
        Turnbull, James
Foundations of CentOS Linux: Enterprise Linux On the Cheap
        Sicam, Chivas
Ubuntu on a Dime: The Path to Low-Cost Computing
        Kelly, James Floyd
The Definitive Guide to CentOS
        Membrey, Peter
The Definitive Guide to Samba 4
        Smith, Roderick W.
Beginning Joomla!, Second Edition
        Rahmel, Dan
Python 3 for Absolute Beginners
        Hall, Tim
Beginning the Linux Command Line
        van Vugt, Sander
Pro Ubuntu Server Administration
        van Vugt, Sander
Beginning Portable Shell Scripting: From Novice to Professional
        Seebach, Peter
Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition
        Peck, Akkana
Pro Drupal Development, Second Edition
        VanDyk, John K.
Beginning Ubuntu LTS Server Administration:
    From Novice to Professional, 2nd Ed
        van Vugt, Sander
Beginning Ubuntu Linux, Third Edition
    Thomas, Keir

They want a fair review that is visible to the world. We'll publish it on the
LUG web site and preferably somewhere else highly visible e.g. Amazon. You
can say what you like but please keep any comments professional and helpful.

The first person to review the book gets to keep the book if they want to but
if anyone else wants to review it then you have to let them have it for them
to review it.

--
Adam Trickett
  Chairman, Hampshire Linux Users Group