Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Vinyl Ripping Issue

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Vinyl Ripping Issue
2009/3/30 Chris. Aubrey-Smith <cas194@???>:
> O.K. , already!
>
> All very interesting, but I want simply to digitise my old vinyl collection,
> to a reasonable sound quality, without spending a fortune in the process.
>
> How do I go about this?
>
> Chris.

If you already have a turntable connected to a HiFi amp then feed its
line out to an mp3 player that has a line in socket. I use a iAudio
Cowen bought from [1]. You then have a good quality sound_file.WMA,
unfortunately Windows format, which you can listen to directly or
transfer to your computer and convert to other formats.

[1] http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk

Clive Woodfine