Re: [Hampshire] Can anyone recommend a MythTV tuner card?

Author: simon chappell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Can anyone recommend a MythTV tuner card?
Do you mean 233 as in 233mhz ? From memory you need at least 800mhz to have
enough cpu muscle to record a program. I have run it on 1200mhz ok with
single tuner Nova-t.
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_novatpci.html

I have also used
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-2200 at work.
This allows both analogue and freeview recording. I am just looking into
buying one of these for home(Wife permitting) so that I can use the analogue
ports for archiving my sky+ recordings.

2009/4/6 Steve Wesemeyer <swesemeyer@???>

> On Monday 06 April 2009 08:55:16 AdamC wrote:
> > Am thinking of bulding a MythTV box over the holiday period, using an
> > old Pentium 233 box.
> >
> > Are there any gotchas over choosing a Tuner card? I imagine with a low
> > processor, I will need one which has hardware encoding - anyone got
> > one in particular to play nicely with Linux?
> >
> > Also, Is it possible to encode recordings to mpeg-4 and then save them
> > over to a NAS device? I don't really want the machine sat in my lounge
> > whirring away (already have a PVR Humax in place) and so by saving
> > them on the NAS, I should be able to watch them using the PS3.
> >
> > TIA
> > Adam
>
> Adam,
>
> Have a look at:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hardware_Requirements
>
> Are you thinking of recording analog or digital TV?
>
> I have a NOVA T-500 dual tuner DVB-T card which works almost flawlessly.
>
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500
>
> However, you might be pushing your luck a bit with those low-end specs...
>
> Cheers,
> Steve
>
> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@???