[Hampshire] rkhunter warnings

Author: john lewis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] rkhunter warnings
rkhunter has put two warning messages in my mail this morning

the first says:
Please inspect this machine, because it may be infected.

the second:
Warning: Suspicious file types found in /dev:
         /dev/shm/sem.ADBE_REL_jayell: data
         /dev/shm/sem.ADBE_WritePrefs_jayell: data
         /dev/shm/sem.ADBE_ReadPrefs_jayell: data

One or more warnings have been found while checking the system.
Please check the log file (/var/log/rkhunter.log)

each file consists of 16 bytes, similar to this:

00000000 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 ................

I think they may be something to do with Adobe Reader which had an
update yesterday, rkhunter had not found these files previously. I had
to edit preferences in Reader as my previous settings didn't seem
to have carried over.

Is it anything I need to worry about and if not how can I get rkhunter
to accept the files as OK.

I have use rkhunter --propupd in the past when it has found things like
the following:

Warning: The file properties have changed:
         File: /usr/bin/ldd
         Current inode: 81675    Stored inode: 202828
         Current file modification time: 1239099122
         Stored file modification time : 1237158934

but am not sure if this is the correct way to deal with this sort of
problem.

I think ldd is provided by libc6 which also had a recent update. Since
I am running sid pretty well every package installed on my system has
been updated since lenny went 'live'.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop