Re: [Hampshire] Creating a minimal sized disk image (Virtual…

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Creating a minimal sized disk image (VirtualBox)
> Actually, it's good advice.
>
> To add to it I would say that if you're neck's on the block and this is
> effectively a production machine, then only something that is more
> urgent than your current project should take precedence over it. If it's
> not more important then I'd stall it until after the project is
> complete, unless I had some way of getting back up to speed /very/
> quickly should messing about with partitions go horribly wrong.
>
> Sean

How many times do I have to say that I'm looking for a way to do this
WITHOUT messing around with my partition table?

If I waited until I was under no pressure from management to deliver code
I'd never do anything other than heads down code monkey, which in the long
term is not good either for my sanity or the business overall.

There is potential benefit to proving the use of virtual machines
successful for more than one developer in my team but management will not
give me scheduled time to investigate, so it needs to be done in a safe
way along side my normal work load.

But there are now 2 safe suggestions of things I can try in my lunch time,
thanks for those that are contributing possible solutions rather than just
implying I am silly to attempting it ;)