[Hampshire] Gnome Preferred Applications in Ubuntu Intrepid

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Gnome Preferred Applications in Ubuntu Intrepid
Hi Everyone,

Sorry to be daft but I am trying to change the default CD burning
application on my Ubuntu machine from Brasero, which I simply don't get
on with, to k3b.

Basically I have a bunch of live shows that I am burning to CD with k3b,
but every time i pop a fresh CD into the tray Brasero pops up.

Thinking about it, I don't want k3b firing up a new instance every time
a CD is inserted either, so ideally the action I require is to start k3b
with the first blank that is inserted, then do nothing thereafter while
k3b is still running.

The obvious answer would appear to be 'System - Preferences - Preferred
Applications', but that only displays a limited subset of applications
and no obvious means to create your own custom rules.

Can anyone point me to the quick fix?

Cheers,

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa