Re: [Hampshire] JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: Lo…

Author: jt
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: London, England, UK
Chris Smith wrote:
> jt wrote:
>> Now I came up with an idea of displaying details about jobs I
>> am recruiting for in the front window of my house! It is a different
>> way of thinking....

> Just like every other brick and mortar recruitment agency, you mean?
> How's that different?

Not quite! I wouldn't have thought that the majority of high st agencies
are technically competent! I'm also not a recruitment agent!

>> chances are these people (like people on the LUGS)
>> aren't looking for jobs and therefore I'm finding a different kind of
>> candidate for my client's jobs!

> Did you ever stop to consider that someone who isn't looking for a job
> either a) already has a job or b) doesn't want one? Either way, they
> are not 'candidates' of any kind. What makes you think (especially in
> this economic climate) that someone will leave a secure, comfortable job
> just because you shove an advert in their face?

The majority of people I have recruited into jobs were already in
employment and were not looking for a job.

There is a little more than just shoving an advert in someones face. To
be fair I do receive a very good response to the majority of the ads I
post to the LUGS - the replies somewhat outweigh the replies from people
complaining about the posts.