Re: [Hampshire] convert download video to domestic DVD?

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] convert download video to domestic DVD?
Well thanks to all for their suggestions & comments. All I apparently needed
to do was install devede through Synaptic (updated mplayer first with
apt-get, though I am not sure how necessary that was; and
gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse was already there). It's not the most
intuitive of interfaces and the docs are ... oh, what docs? There don't seem
to be any. But after making a coaster I seemed to get the hang of it and it
seems to have done the job OK. Havenot watched the produced DVD all through,
but it loads and starts OK.
I noticed devede bringing in dvdauthor as it installed. I'm guessing it is
to some extent a wrapper round that and some of those converter tools with
20 parameter argument lists. I am all in favour of the CLI and that is where
I spend most of my time, but when I see

victor@ss07:~/QGW02_2009$ man mplayer | wc -l
8079

then I am quite happy to let someone/thing else do the heavy lifting.