[Hampshire] Favourite terminal fonts

Author: Graham Bleach
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Favourite terminal fonts
I've just upgraded to Ubuntu Jaunty on the home desktop and the terminal
font I was using in gnome terminal appears to have changed (I think it
may have reverted to using the default font).

I spend a great deal of time looking at terminal windows and there are
few things more offensive to the eye than a font that isn't quite right.
None of the fonts I have found are quite what I want. I need a
monospaced font which is sharp, but not spindly at 10 or 11 pt sizes.

I have tried all the fonts available in the default install of Ubuntu,
plus Terminus and Inconsolata. The Terminus letters aren't rounded
enough for me and I find Inconsolata very blurry at size 11, which is my
preferred size for this font.

Can anyone recommend something that matches my requirements? Which font
do you use?

Cheers,

Navigare necesse est
        -- Gnaeus Pompeius