Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Godwin's law

Author: Graham Bleach
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Godwin's law
2009/5/30 B STEVENS <b.stevens611@???>:
> --- On Fri, 29/5/09, John Cooper <lug@???> wrote:
>> In light of recent events a colleague
>> informed me about Goodwin's law. I
>> thought how apt.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
>
> are you on about the recent job advertising debacle on hlug or the members of parliament
> who were only "following orders" (read: "i've done nothing wrong" or "it's within the rules")?

On the one hand we have a heated thread on a mailing list and some
opportunist expenses claims and on the other the subjugation of
numerous countries, brutal suppression of minority groups and
genocide. I'm not entirely clear why you wanted us to make the
comparison, but now we have done so, let us move on.

Cheers,