Re: [Hampshire] A sad day...

Author: Martin A. Brooks
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] A sad day...
On 01/06/2009 09:18, Richard Danter wrote:
> Maybe time to install Ubuntu Netbook Remix, anyone tried it on a 901?

I just bought a Samsung NC10 (with built in 3G modem) which ships with
XP Home.

I tried UNR which wouldn't even boot to the installer screen despite
much googling and tooing and froing and being assured I was obviously
Doing It Wrong[tm]. Then for a chuckle I tried Vista, (I actually quite
like Vista) which bluescreened horribly when some of the XP-only drivers
got loaded. Finally, I tried vanilla Ubuntu which hated the 3G modem.

I'm practical and pragmatic mostly, so I went back to the OS it shipped
with. Hey ho.