Re: [Hampshire] RAID and LVM boot disks

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] RAID and LVM boot disks
** Vic <lug@???> [2009-06-02 15:02]:

> > What I'm looking for a is a boot CD
> > that has RAID and LVM support built in.
>
> Fedora...

** end quote [Vic]

I guess it makes sense that Fedora has a live CD too these days. I'll have to
get over my bias [1] and take a look. I have to be honest and say that I
largely ignore Red Hat and related distributions (as much as possible) - but
then I don't need to run any commercial software that is only available in RPM
for Red Hat format.

[1] No matter how impartial I try to be I have to admit that I have never tried
Fedora, largely as a result of the pain that Red Hat has caused me (with RPM
dependencies, and more recently poor tech support and the fact that it is
useless without a contract).

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: