Re: [Hampshire] RAID and LVM boot disks

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] RAID and LVM boot disks

> [1] No matter how impartial I try to be I have to admit that I have never
> tried
> Fedora, largely as a result of the pain that Red Hat has caused me (with
> RPM
> dependencies

Dependencies are dependencies - they exist, whatever the distribution.

The thing that never ceases to infuriate me is people who insist on
blaming rpm for not solving dependencies for them - that's not it's job,
just like it's not dpkg's job in a Debian-based distro.

If you want to compare Debian's apt with something in a RH-based distro,
the most apposite comparison would be apt. apt has a very similar
interface to apt, being the same program, so apt users will quickly become
accustomed to apt.

You could also compare it to yum, which does a similar job in a slightly
different way.

But whinging about rpm is just silly - that would be like me complaining
about dpkg hell on Debian, when yum is so much superior...

Vic.