Re: [Hampshire] alternatives to acroread

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] alternatives to acroread
On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 12:43:30 +0100
Tony Whitmore <tony@???> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:02:18 +0100, john lewis
> <johnlewis@???> wrote:
> > are there any other alternatives to acroread apart from xpdf and
> > kpdf
>
> Check out these:
>
> http://pdfreaders.org/

Thanks Tony,

have now 'tested' gv and yap and both fail to load the
burials pdf.

BePDF is based on xpdf for BEOS and is not in Debian
archives.

epdfview is a clone of evince without the gnome libs and
since I have evince installed no benefit having epdfview as well

so will use evince for now until acroread is usable again.

I did try using the version of acroread in XP on virtualbox but I don't
seem to be able to access the existing files in /home/Genealogy_Data
from XP (I suspect a permissions problem) and I don't want to have
to copy the files from the original CDs into windows.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop