Re: [Hampshire] is it time to get rid of my advansys scsi c…

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] is it time to get rid of my advansys scsi controller?
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:25:50 +0100
john lewis <johnlewis@???> wrote:

> before I put those files into /lib/firmware/advansys/ the error
> messages I got did give the path it was searching as /lib/firmware,
> so I think it has to be a problem with 'mcode.bin', as from memory,
> that was the last file of the four it was trying to find.

I have resolved the problem of my advansys scsi card, not a linux
solution however ;-(

I put it in my wife's xp system box and after a lot of faffing around
getting the correct twain driver installed and finding some
installable Epson scanner software* I finally have a working
scanner.

Although the "Epson Scan! II32" application works the interface isn't as
good as The Gimp so will have to install that on her system too.

* for some reason the original CD has gone walkabouts and in any case
one of the other original CDs of Epson software says it cannot
install on windows NT!

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop