Re: [Hampshire] Base OS for Xen

Author: Michael-John Turner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Base OS for Xen
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 02:20:10PM +0100, Peter Brooks wrote:
> Just wondering what people have experimented about with for Xen base
> OS, I have a dell Poweredge 1950 that I'm experimenting with. I see
> two obvious choices as Debian or Xenserver but the citrix website for
> XenServer doesn't give too much away.

I can definitely recommend Debian 5.0 (lenny) - I've been using it as a
Dom0 for over 6 months (since before it became stable) and am very happy
with it. I've not used XenServer so can't comment on what it offers above
and beyond the open source tools Debian provides though.

-mj
--
 Michael-John Turner
 mj@???      <>     http://mjturner.net/