Re: [Hampshire] Linkedin was Re: Microsoft beats Google to b…

Author: Lisi
To: stephen.davies, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linkedin was Re: Microsoft beats Google to be named UK's best,
On Friday 17 July 2009 13:40:12 Stephen Davies wrote:
> Do any LUG Memger have similar reservations about sires like LinkedIn or
> am I being overly paranoid?

Yes, I have similar reservations. I joined Linkedin because I was too
cowardly to say no to someone I liked and respected and have regretted it. I
have now reached three "friends" or whatever they are called and was
intending to withdraw myself. This will give the impetus I need. I have
joined nothing else.

It isn't so much that I am worried about identity theft particularly, but
rather the invasion of my privacy that results.

And it can be risky in other ways. A classmate of my granddaughter's had
(has) a Facebook entry with her full name and her school's name and location
and a fetching photograph. (I rather think that she has them on other social
sites as well.) She is also the daughter of someone who is/was in a band that
is/was top of the pops. Paedophilia or kidnap anyone?

Anyway, Stephen, just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean that they are
not out to get you. ;-)

Lisi
P.S. Shortly after I had the lock on the back door changed to something
stronger, an attempted break in failed. The police said it failed because we
had a strong lock. My husband still thinks that I was being paranoid.