Re: [Hampshire] setting up software raid and LVM

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] setting up software raid and LVM
2009/7/17 Hugo Mills <hugo@???>:
>   I would instead suggest having a small (512M or so) RAID-1 volume
> at the start of both disks, containing /boot, from which you can
> configure GRUB to load from one or other of the volumes. Then make the
> rest of each disk as a separate RAID-1 volume used for LVM.

Thanks for your advice, Hugo. I did try to ignore it, but whatever
GRUB comes with the Ubuntu 9.04 Alternate cd would not play with the
LVM on RAID-1. I tried again doing as you suggest, and it all went
fine. I have been doing this with a single spare disk as an
experiment. I will try with the proper disk later this weekend, if I
get the chance.

--
Philip Stubbs