Re: [Hampshire] Mail filtering on remote IMAP server

Author: Michael-John Turner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mail filtering on remote IMAP server
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:12:04AM +0100, Hugo Mills wrote:
>    The *only* access I have to my mail and the system it runs on is
> through IMAP. (This is an Exchange-based system, and the exchange
> filtering requires me to run IE merely to configure it, and it's
> utterly pointless anyway, as it only allows filters on about two
> header fields anyway).

Have you tried IMAPFilter[1]? It should be able to do what you want,
although I'm not sure if the limitations of Exchange's IMAP implementation
will cause you problems.

I'm also not sure how much of the processing is done server-side - I have a
feeling that when content-based filtering is done the message is
downloaded, rules applied and then the appropriate server-side activities
performed. Without Exchange supporting Sieve, that's probably the best
you're going to be able to do, unfortunately.

[1] http://imapfilter.hellug.gr/

-mj
--
 Michael-John Turner