Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Axis 206 network cameras dead

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Axis 206 network cameras dead
2009/7/28 Tony Whitmore <tony@???>:

>> Another idea
>>
>> crossover cable.
>> start up snoop on the PC's interface
>> switch on camera
>> see if any traffic is logged.
>
> It looks as if the cameras start OK (green light!) with the cable unplugged
> and then go to a fault status within a minute of being connected to the
> network. During that time I can get a few pings back but after a few
> seconds they stop responding entirely.

Sounds like problem with your network rather than the camera's themselves.
My thoughts are, both cameras go wrong at the same time. Likely
cause...not the cameras themselves, but something else that has
changed on the network. Therefore, isolate the cameras from the
network and individually test them.
You have not said that you have actually used a crossover cable yet. Have you?

James