Re: [Hampshire] Hantslug gallery update

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hantslug gallery update
On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:22:35 +0100
Hugo Mills <hugo@???> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 01:38:13AM +0100, pavithran wrote:
> > The pictures at http://hants.lug.org.uk/gallery/ are really good but
> > the gallery software looks too old :(
> >
> > Here are my requests:
> > 1. Please update the gallery software
>
>    Without meaning to come across as a miserable curmudgeon(*), what
> would newer software gain, other than a fleeting warm fuzzy feeling of
> running something up to date, and an indefinable odour of undiscovered
> security flaws?

and apart from that I had problems last year upgrading from Gallery1 to
Gallery2 in that Gallery2 wouldn't import my albums from Gallery1. I
had to re-create the albums and re-upload the pics to fill them.

Not too big a problem as I had a relatively small number of images to
deal with. But if this happened with the HantsLUG albums it would be a
bit of a pain for whoever did the updating

Of course that 'bug' may have been fixed by now!!

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop