Re: [Hampshire] Ultimate Linux Media PC?

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ultimate Linux Media PC?
On Sunday 02 August 2009 19:53:59 Stuart Matheson wrote:
> looking for a quiet multimedia PC that can be plugged into a TV for
> watching iplayer, youtube and other online video as well as video files and
> possibly a dvd (I have an external dvd player she could use though so it
> isn't a deal breaker).

I use a PS3 for the above, including CD, DVD (not sure about region
encoding) and Blu-ray. There is a bluetooth remote for video playback.
Does web browsing as well (though some sites don't work so well). It's
not the quietest thing ever, but I've found it quiet enough.

Cheapness is relative. I've never used xbmc (or XBox/Wii), so can't
compare it to them. I've also never used it on an SD TV.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???