Re: [Hampshire] Linux Expo

Author: Dave Walker
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux Expo
Alan Pope wrote:
> 2009/8/5 Charlie de Courcy <Charles.De-Courcy@???>:
>
>> Does anyone know if there's going to be a "Linux Expo Live" this year at
>> Olympia - their website still only displays last year's details?
>>

> No, from my enquiries, there wont be a Linux Expo this year.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

There are two competing companies that had traditionally held the Linux
Expo's in London over the years. One of the companies has a tendency to
leave things rather to the last minute. However, I know both companies
have been somewhat displeased with the turnout, so it does look unlikely.

Last years was a good idea in principle, it was a shared venue with
MacWorld. However, it did feel a mixture of under-managed and
under-supported.

Suck it and see.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker