[Hampshire] Debian to Ubuntu, without complete reinstall?

Author: David Ramsden
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Debian to Ubuntu, without complete reinstall?
Hi,

I have the need to upgrade 3 remote servers from Debian to Ubuntu. I'd
like to avoid a complete re-install because:
a) The servers are all remote and in three separate geographical
locations.
b) I don't have any lights out or remote hands.

Is there a migration path from Debian to Ubuntu that can be carried out
remotely (i.e. via SSH)? I can't see any "official" documentation but
then maybe my search terms aren't quite right.

Has anyone tried this? Did it work?

If it all goes wrong, the servers aren't currently business critical. So
I would have a few days to travel to each one and rescue it/reinstall.

Regards,
David.
--
  .''`.     David Ramsden