Re: [Hampshire] Ultimate Linux Media PC?

Author: pavithran
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ultimate Linux Media PC?
2009/8/3 Dave Walker <DaveWalker@???>:
> In regards to Mythtv on Ubuntu, we go to great measures to ensure that
> upgrades (if required) are as clean as possible.  Seeing FUD like the
> above, really is a slap in the face.  Thanks.

I am realy glad to evoke a response from big people as you :)

I am spreading FUD - Fear , Uncertainty , Doubt

Fear - I am afraid of hardware vendors which care about providing
drivers for win 98 , xp ,vista and also ready to ship drivers for win
7

Uncertainty : yeah I am afraid if my tv tuner or graphic card gets
detected in linux

Doubt : should I recompile my kernel ?

Yes MythTV is a great step . You guys are doing a great job releasing
packages for ubuntu .
Could you please clear a "D" of FUD ie Doubt : " Why can't I apt-get
install mythtv on debian sid? "

Regards,
Pavithran

--