Re: [Hampshire] Buying a Eee 901?

Author: pavithran
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Buying a Eee 901?
2009/8/6 Andy Random <andy.random@???>:
>I decided I definitely
> wanted one and now it seems I've left it too late :(

Unfortunately "Yes " :(
But still you can get a second hand EEE 901 with 12 GB SSD pre loaded
with windows XP on amazon .

The happiest thing is no one is selling their Linux based EEE 901 of
20 GB SSD . :D

I also own one and I bought it for 259 £ . No I wont sell it for even
300 £ :P because I am lucky that I bought it at the right time . I
couldn't find it anywhere near west quay hence ordered via amazon .
You know what it got shipped from france :D

EEE 901 with linux are museum pieces( but mordern) save yours carefully :D

Why did it all happen ? Due to some great decisions by Asus and some
force/evil negotiations by the great "M$"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/jul/08/microsoft-asus-linux

Having said all that you can still buy Eee PC 1000H but definitely not
as "worth the price" as EEE 901 :(

This is a #fail for @asus

Regards,
Pavithran