Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux

Author: pavithran
To: stephen.davies, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux
2009/8/10 Stephen Davies <stephen.davies@???>:

> As far a Linux goes, these days the only issues I see with Hardware Compatability is Wireless.

+1

I haven't played with many hardwares but personally I faced almost
hell thanks to Ralink which produces rt2860 wireless which
unfortunately ended up in my EEE 901 . I agree that the wireless
works perfect in 2.6.26 on debian and definitely would would work on
Ubuntu,mandriva etc .
In my case I am using 2.6.30 and the driver wouldn't work . This is
actually a reported bug but it kind of works with 30 kernel with some
minor hacks and a non free driver :(
http://wiki.debian.org/rt2860sta#issues

I just wish/dream that some one from intel/ralink is watching that
page or this mail :)

Regards,
Pavithran

--