Re: [Hampshire] QoS Testing

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] QoS Testing
2009/8/16 Alan Pope <alan@???>:
> 2009/8/16 James Courtier-Dutton <james.dutton@???>:
>> Is there any Linux tool that could detect this re-ordering of packets.
>> I wish to verify that high priority packets are jumping the queue.
>>

> tcpdump? :)

Hehe, I wish to automate the test, and my eyes would get tired looking
at the packet traces.
Essentually, I want a program that generates packets for the two
priorities, adds sequence numbers them, and then the receiver
processes all incoming packets and checks the sequence numbers to
ensure that the correct packets were re-ordered.
If one test program has not already been created, then of course I
could write one, but I don't like re-inventing the wheel.