[Hampshire] Sheeva PlugComputer anyone?

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Sheeva PlugComputer anyone?
Hi, just wondering if anyone has one of these?

http://plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Main_Page

The guy who produced a debian installer for NSLU2 has produced a
Debian Lenny tarball for the it. He calls Sheeva an NSLU2-killer:

http://www.cyrius.com/journal/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/nslu2-killer
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/unpack.html

Debian support is "coming along" but not quite to the same level as the NSLU2.

http://computingplugs.com/index.php/SheevaPlug_Performance

interesting points:
- an SD wi-fi card *should* work with it.
- the CPU has been compared in performance to a P3 800Mhz
- It comes with Ubuntu 9.04 already installed.

I want to buy but I'm a bit put off by stories of being charged high
import duty. However I heard that the senders state a lower value to
mitigate this.

Buy from: http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-25-sheevaplug-dev-kit-uk.aspx

Cheers,
Im