Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Global Jam - Birmingham

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Global Jam - Birmingham
** Tony Whitmore <tony@???> [2009-09-23 09:02]:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:44:18 +0100, Paul Tansom <paul@???> wrote:
> > Well one of the reasons I don't attend these is the travel distance and
> > related
> > costs, hassle, accomodation, etc.. I was hoping to make LUGRadio Live and
> > OGGcamp this year, but not being able to commit solidly yet I've missed
> the
> > last tickets (as has been mentioned already) so I guess that's it for
> > another
> > year :(
>
> No, that's it forever for LUG Radio Live. There won't be another one.

I must admit I was surprised to see it happening this year. I wondered whether
it may find a life of its own.

> You can still come to OggCamp on Sunday 25th though. There are no tickets,
> so it's just a case of piling in until we hit the fire limit! First come,
> first served.

** end quote [Tony Whitmore]

I was going to say, given that there must be enough interest to keep an event
of this sort going, that perhaps there should be something like HantsLUG Live,
or UK LUG Live next year, but maybe OggCamp is destined to fill the gap :)

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: