[Hampshire] LaTeX on a samba share

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] LaTeX on a samba share
At work, I use Ubuntu within VirtualBox on my Windows computer. I
access my files on the company server via samba. I can edit the files
no problem with vim. However, when I try and use LaTeX, it complains
that it can not read the file, as if it is not there. If I copy the
directories to the VirtualBox, then LaTeX will run just fine.

Has anybody else seen this? This problem has only occurred since
upgrading to Karmic. My Google foo is weak today. Even suggestions of
where to look for answers would be appreciated.

--
Philip Stubbs