Re: [Hampshire] LaTeX on a samba share

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] LaTeX on a samba share
Philip Stubbs wrote:
> Has anybody else seen this? This problem has only occurred since
> upgrading to Karmic. My Google foo is weak today. Even suggestions of
> where to look for answers would be appreciated.

Sorry, brain is still asleep from a 4am burst of coding but I remember
somethign similar relating to LF/CRLF translation via samba shares.

There was a flag to control LF->CRLF translation for samba shares.
Perhaps this has been enabled and is corrupting the files.

Try copying a clean Latex file onto the share and then doing a
"wc" on share file and the original - if the share file is bigger
then diff em...

Jacqui