Re: [Hampshire] [OT] OLPC XO

Author: John Cooper
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] OLPC XO
On 23/10/09 17:32, Mike wrote:
> Hi
>

> John Cooper said he had a couple of XO laptops for demo.
>

> I am a secondary school governor in Basingstoke and I am very keen to
> get one of these laptops to look at for our Special Education Needs area.
>

> Rgds Mike McCarthy

Mike, they are designed for primary school (small keyboard) so may not
be suitable. The problem at the moment is you cannot buy them as they
have withdrawn the buy one, give one programme via Amazon. This is
really frustrating. The only source for small numbers is via eBay and
usually from the US (where I bought mine).

You are still welcome to try them, my contact details are at

http://discoverlinux.co.uk

Regards, John.
Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk