Re: [Hampshire] BBC iPlayer Broken With Karmic

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] BBC iPlayer Broken With Karmic
2009/10/27 Alan Pope <alan@???>:
> 2009/10/27 Sean Gibbins <sean@???>:
>> Point taken, but it's a shame that it seems to be working in Jaunty
>> version and broken in Karmic, bit of a step back in my opinion.
>>

> Sure, but that doesn't mean it's Karmics fault that it's broken. It
> may well be of course, and I'm sure we'll find out sometime soon. Do
> note that it's not just Firefox that is affected, Google Chrome is
> broken too. The main common factor is flash.

If Google does ever release its own Linux based Google OS, surely then
we will see a better Linux Flash player? I would rather not need to
use flash at all, but if we do need it, then please let us have a
flash player that works as well in Linux as it does in Windows. My
hope is that Google will provide the incentive that Adobe needs to
pull its finger out on this one.

--
Philip Stubbs